As you can see from the first video here I'm still working on finalizing as much of the interior of the fuselage that I can so I can get the side skins on. The idea was to get all of this done so I could reach in from the side of the airplane than down into the fuselage to do the work. As you can see from the video I got the side skins on and the firewall attached. Once those were attached it was on to working on the landing gear.
Second half of August
I had to backfill the open holes for the 1/4" bolts used for the Matco mount with a fiberglass epoxy resin. This resin is amazingly hard but also easy to work with. I patched up the open holes to refortify the landing gear structure. After that I created new holes for the 3/8" bolts for the Beringer wheels. I also backfilled an open cutout no longer necessary because of how the Beringer wheels attach to the landing gear.
To make matters even a bit more interesting - as you'll see in the pictures and I believe the video the front nose wheel yoke is built for the Matco wheels. The bolt to hold the Matco wheels on is obviously designed for that wheel - but the Beringer has an axel made for it's wheel - and the Sling supplied bolt is slightly bigger than the opening for the Beringer axel. This presents a new issue on how to match the two up. Again - back to the machinist to discuss. Showing him what I was trying to accomplish with the Beringer Axel, Matco bolt and yoke he understood the engineering problem. He was able to bore out the Beringer Axel to within 1:1,000th of an inch tolerance to allow for the Matco bolt to pass through the Axel. There is still a fair amount of material on the Beringer Axel and zero play between the bolt and axel. So the axel won't spin on the bolt thus causing wear.
While waiting on the parts and gear to finish up I wrapped up the throttle quadrant. The problem I ran into was with the mount for the valve I purchased for the breaks. The factory supplied mount wouldn't fit snugly, so I called up a friend from work who dabbles in 3D printing. He gladly took it on and created a mount for the brake line which if you ask me is actually more secure than the factory one. If you're at all interested in going this route, he has the file online at https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/sling-tsi-parking-brake-panel-mount.
I may be missing a few things in this post, but the videos are most current. I'm trying to catch up on my documentation to be more current with the end of September (as I'm posting this) - stay tuned for more fun!