As for the build series here. I put in the heater and took it out a number of times. Each time I took it out because I needed better access to the firewall. After about three times I decided to just leave it out until there wasn't anything else left to do. It was quite fun to have it in there though because it makes the front of the plane to really start taking shape.
Speaking of taking shape - the canopy was the major change over the month of building here. It was a bit stressful to do because you have to match drill each of the holes but you have to also have it lined up first. So lots of fiddling to try to make it look just right. The plans are kinda useless here because the amount to "put it in, make it look pretty", but I think I got it to where it needs to be.
The next phase also was working on the fuel system on the firewall. I'm following the plans done by a gentleman out of Germany who has done a very nice job documenting the process of the fuel system. It's clean, it removes a lot of the extra tubes as well. Parts were getting hard to come by with some deliveries taking up to 3 weeks to ship. But slowly they started arriving.
I also had to rework the braking system to take into account the Beringer braking system. It's just easier to use this brake to keep the lines all with the stainless steel system. There's more to come on all the steps I needed to do to get it to work and I have yet to resolve some of the other problems it introduced. In the end I think it'll work well - as I only have a few challenges left to resolve with that part. The pictures below document the work I did to widen the mount for the Beringer brake valve.
So that's all for now - I'll work on getting the next update out here as soon as possible.